LekzMotivate (Introduction Post)

Hello Everyone,

Greetings. My name is Leke Somule and I grew up in London, England. I have a bachelor's degree in psychology and sociology. My passion for mental health led me to start a blog to share my thoughts and experiences so that I can positively impact many lives. It would be a real blessing for me to be able to impact the lives of more individuals through my understanding of people and their experiences.

It's likely that most of us feel lost half the time, with little to no guidance on the next steps to take. When we feel confused, we wonder what our purpose is, but I can tell you that as long as you are alive, you have a purpose and God's not done with you. It is up to us to decide who we are, how we want to live our lives, and how our destiny will unfold. I took 27 years to truly understand what my calling was. Others knew right away and some will discover it later in life, however, everything we face in life pushes us forward. There will be good and bad times in life, but it is important to avoid temptations and separate ourselves from negative people and thoughts.

The key to successfully making changes in our lives is to look in the mirror, to search within ourselves, and to understand what is holding us back. Most of us do not recognize our self-worth, self-value, or practice self-love. Whenever this happens, we allow others to take advantage of us, we self-sabotage, and we engage in activities that don't really reflect who we are. The good thing is that there is an answer to our problems, but it all starts by digging deep and really accepting that right now we are not the best versions of ourselves but know we have the power to change this. We can't let our mistakes define our present moments, we can't let the negative things people have told us in the past hold us back, but we can be honest with ourselves and open our minds in order to make the appropriate changes for a better life. You can start by gravitating to more positive things such as meeting new people, stepping out of our comfort zones by engaging in solo activities, watching positive videos on social media and most importantly practicing positive self-talk or trying different forms of therapy. We will gradually see changes in our perspectives and thought processes as a result. However, this does not mean that we will completely overcome our problems, we may backslide, that is absolutely okay, don't be too hard on yourself, you are still learning, be kind and gentle to yourself, dust yourself off, and keep going. It is my hope that this blog will help someone out there, and I will attempt to post regularly as I can.

University of Westminster commits to new Mental Health Charter Programme |  University of Westminster

Feel free to follow me on Instagram @Lekez1 and DM me if you want to chat. 

Thanks,

Leke

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speak to me

You are not a product of your setbacks

Destiny helpers