The Enemy Within

 The enemy within


I define the enemy within as any external thing that tells us that we are incapable of doing anything we put our minds too, any form of insecurity, lack of motivation , lack of self-love and the list goes on… Everyday when I wake up God reminds me that I am more than capable. My past traumas and mistakes does not define me but the actions I take to respond to my setbacks is a choice that defines all the emotions I feel in the present moment. We are all worthy of a second, third or fourth chance, this doesn’t mean we continue to make bad choices. However, God loves when we try, we are not always going to get things right but what matters is that we are trying everyday to better ourselves. Don't be too critical of yourselves and those that are around you but one key factor is that you hold yourselves and others accountable for their actions. This doesn't mean you go around judging people but learn to guide one another when guidance is needed. We are all in world together trying to figure things out and trying to learn the position that God wants us to play. 


Secondly, the enemy within at times tells us that we will never achieve a specific thing just because our parents didn’t achieve it. No matter what remember we will never be our parents limitations. Where they didn’t reach we will surely exceed IJN. Keep on pushing, just because our parents may have not had a happy marriage, a successful job, or even reach their life goals does not mean we won’t either. Regardless of how your insecurities and traumas make you feel, push yourself to do what you know you can do. If we know what triggers us, we can try to respond to them differently. For instance, when I become stressed, I drink a great deal of fizzy drinks. I started replacing this habit when I identified it by watching a motivational video, something that teaches me how to deal with the bad habits I had.  


It’s easy for someone to tell you do this or do that I get it but change starts when you change the perspective you have of yourself. Everything you envision yourself being you are already that. If you see yourself being a successful writer, designer or artist you are already this you just have to align your decisions with your purpose and place God in the middle of all that you are doing. Your journey will be full of mistakes but setbacks allows us to see where we went wrong (perspective) and not to show us that we are not good enough or incapable. Stay up people, motivate one another and keep on believing. 


This year is a year of celebrations, quote me on this one. Not only will we be celebrating ourselves but our loved ones too but most importantly all the praise goes to the most high. Last year was a tough one but things are going to turn around. Rely on your faith in God and trust the process.


#LekzMotivate

Instagram: @Lekez1

Snapchat: @Lekez2 


The Grand Slam-Changing Perspectives: A Short Story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speak to me

You are not a product of your setbacks

Destiny helpers