Destiny helpers



First of all I wanted to say thank you to those that regularly tune into my blog post. It’s not easy doing what I do on a regular basis, it takes confidence and commitment which sometimes I don’t have, but I try my best to see the good in what I do for others. So I appreciate the time you spend tuning in. 

The message today is "ensuring we are aligning ourselves with the right people", in other terms our "destiny helpers". People that serve a purpose in our lives. I previously spoke out this in my old post, but I think this message is so critical. Be watchful of how you move , not everyone has the right intentions for you but God assigns people to you that will push you to do better we just have to learn to receive them better. This maybe someone in your immediate circle or someone that you are meeting for the first time. It does it matter, don't let you past traumas or insecurities get the better of you. I know some people may have let you down in the past, but this does not mean everyone will let you down. Pray about it and let your spirit guide you. Some of us have been associating ourselves with people based on history and not based on results. You must ask yourself, has this person made be a better person, does this person add value to my life, does this person encourage me when I'm down etc. Your time, your life is too precious to be wasted , God has a plan for your life which will give you all that you’ve ever wanted and more. If you find yourself stuck contemplating whether this person/group of people are for me then maybe they are not. Stop trying to fit into a room where you are not wanted. You may think it’s the enemy that’s trying to block that door, it’s not it’s God trying to stop you from entering a door that he never planned for you to walk into. This leads to my next point, be comfortable with rejection. Rejection does not mean you are not good enough, it just means there is something better for you, something that God has specifically designed for you. However, the only way you get there is through trusting the lord, surrounding yourself with people that encourage you, and being in tune with yourself (knowing your self worth). 


You might be in a season in your life where you feel like you have dug yourself into a hole, but I’m here to tell you that the same way you dug yourself into a dark hole, through Christ, through self-reflection, through love and hope there is a way out. When things are not going well it is so important to re-evaluate, meditate and reconstruct your mind. You must ask yourself "what template have you been using to address my issues are you using the old template that has trauma responses attached to it? Or are you using a new template which has been built from scratch? I can't emphasise the importance of knowing your self worth, knowing how valuable you are to God. Sometimes we find ourselves chasing things/people that would never fill the void that has been left in your heart every time someone has let you down. We are responsible for digging ourselves out no one else is, but the people you associate with will determine how fast you will get out of that whole. They can lead you towards peace and they can also lead you to your destruction, but the choice is ours.  


One of my favourite verses that holds me down when I am going through a hard time is

Psalm 23. "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing, he makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD" (Bible.com,n.d). Lean onto God during the tough seasons in your life and he will make the way for you. 


It’s 2am, my mind could not rest until I let this one out! I hope this means something to you because it mostly definitely did to me. God bless and I pray your week will be better than the last. 



References


Psalms 23: NIV bible: Youversion. YouVersion | The Bible App | Bible.com. (n.d.). https://www.bible.com/bible/111/PSA.23.NIV 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speak to me

You are not a product of your setbacks