Speak to me

Hello Family,

It has been a while since i last posted. It most definitely has been a journey of ups and downs but I am really grateful that I am still alive and striving forward. I have found it really hard to find the drive to write again. There has been many moments where I felt like this was going to be the week but nothing came into fruition. I couldn't find the words to process how I was feeling. I am someone who is a natural problem solver I thought I could figure things out all on my own. However, the more I tried to do so the more I found myself going around in circles, I was missing what was right in front of me. I was too distracted when all God wanted me to do was be still. There has been one song constantly playing over and over in my head. "Make Room" by "The Church will sing", "Elyssa Smith & Community Music". I didn't understand why I was so drawn to this song until now. God has been trying to tell me to make room for him, his been trying to tell me to stop trying to figure out the things that he could only figure out for me. I needed to learn how to spend time in isolation and build an intimate relationship with him. One thing I have learnt is that prayer should not be a ritual/routine, it shouldn't be a time where you tell God what you think he wants to hear. This should be a time where you are your most authentic and most vulnerable self. I never realised I struggled with this until now, I am more than capable of expressing how I feel to my family and friends but when it came to God I realised I had not developed that open relationship with him. All God wants us to do is speak to him, speak to him like you would speak to a father or to a friend, he wants you to tell him what is going on and he wants to know how you feel even if you deem it small. Always remember nothing is too small or too impossible for God. In Matthew 7:7-8 it says "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and the one who knocks, the door will be opened' (Bible.com, n.d. -a). Keep on striving forward in faith and God will reveal himself to you.

One of my biggest challenges so far was learning how to identify when God was trying to speak to me. There has been many times when I prayed and I could not feel anything or hear a thing. Nothing made sense to me and I always felt that I was doing something wrong. Even when I isolated myself and tried to speak to him nothing came to light. The dots were not connecting at first but one thing I know about God is he sends people to you who affirm everything you have prayed for, he also aligns you with people at the appropriate time. When I needed clarity over something he always sent someone my way to reassure me that he way listening. I tend to doubt myself, but he never fails to remind me that he is there for me. Another thing that I learnt through this process was alignment, sometimes we want something even when we are not fully ready to receive it. God's timing will always be better than ours, it is so important to trust him even when things do not make sense, after all our way did not work in the past so why not give God a chance. It is important to not let our own desires cloud our judgement on what God is trying to do in our lives. There is a reason why God delays what you have asked for, sometimes it is not the right time and other times God is still preparing you for what he is about to give you. You may need character building, or in other cases, the person who is meant to support you (destiny helper) may not be in position. Be patient, ask him to allow you to see things from his perspective and not your own. In due course all will be revealed to you. 

Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Bible.com, n.d.).  

I pray this word resonates with someone reading this post. Just know you are not alone, do not lean on your own understanding and most importantly try to build your own relationship with him.

I hope you enjoyed reading and I pray you have a great week! 

Socials
Insta: @Lekzmotivate

References 

Matthew 7: Niv bible: Youversion. YouVersion | The Bible App | Bible.com. (n.d.-a). https://www.bible.com/bible/111/MAT.7.NIV 


Philippians 4: NIV bible: Youversion. YouVersion | The Bible App | Bible.com. (n.d.). https://www.bible.com/bible/111/PHP.4.NIV 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are not a product of your setbacks

Destiny helpers